To establish an ongoing and functional organic community garden for the purposes of producing usable commodities, providing a central point for community engagement, education on practical gardening techniques, plot ratio’s and numbers of plots required for crop rotation’s, harvesting techniques, knowledge of organic soil fertilisers and micro organism boosters such as Bokashi , and finally how to distribute and or sell (to help with cash flow requirements) resultant produce.
To create community awareness of the need for food security in the areas of availability and purity, be able to use what they learn to establish home gardens that can supplement good organic food supplies for their home, relations and friends
To create community awareness of the benefits to the general community and themselves of hands on activities that result in the production of good clean food, free of additives, preservatives, colour enhancers and synthetic flavonoids. food consumed within a few days of correct harvesting is still ripening and full, natural colour, flavonoids and still organically alive and therefore require no preservatives. Eating food of this quality rather than food harvested overseas or even interstate, packaged, transported then distributed to stores for us to then purchase means its own natural life energies have ceased and for it to look good not spoil and taste marginally ok means the addition of all the things previously mentioned so when we consume the food we consume the additives as well, this is not what nature intended and so the consequences are impossible to predict.
Some bullet points that may be of use:
1. We are what we eat
2. Fruit and vegetables are carbon based life forms
3. Human beings are carbon based life forms
4. Additives and synthetic food enhancers are not.
5. Fruit and vegetables have their own life energy that continues for some days after harvesting, so the sooner it is consumed the better.
6. The ideal situation is to consume the same or next day after harvesting when life energy and natural flavonoids are at their highest.
7. The life energy and flavonoids of all foods diminishes at different rates.
8. Knowing these rates allows us to harvest and consume our own produce for the maximum benefit to us.
9. We can only do this if we have control over harvesting and distribution.
10. Food security is now the common most concern of all Countries and Governments world wide
11. Why leave it all up to governments and big corporations to decide how it should be solved
12. It might only be a small thing on a world, country or state scale but anything we can do ourselves can only but help us
13. We are consistently told this when it suits the powers to be “from little things big things grow”
14. Well this is our little thing so lets all get together and make it grow for us and our kids and their kids.
15. Lets take back what was taken away without us being asked, Locally grown food for local people