We want to make a positive impact in our community.
If you would like to meet your neighbours, form friendships, work and grow together with a group of people who take action to make our suburbs a better place to live; then please join in.
Here are our ideas so far, and we are looking for more input from you.
A local community that is healthy, caring & inclusive.
To create a caring community around gardening that promotes wellbeing, belonging, generosity and learning.
• Grow affordable, fresh, organic food locally
• Convert vacant land into productive gardens
• Get connected to the community
• Promote nutrition and sustainability
• Provide opportunities for work and training
• Meet your neighbours & form friendships
• Connecting people to develop other community projects
• A large central community garden, with facilities attached - outdoor kitchen, meeting place etc
• Regular events and gatherings
• Smaller satellite gardens within the neighbourhood
• Temporary gardens on vacant land
• Parkland weeding and re-vegetation
• A network of people to help start new gardens and kick of new projects
• Enrol members and gather support
• Develop the goals, vision and plan
• Advertise for interest from the community
• Line up sponsors and funding
• Maintain partnerships with City of Belmont and local business groups